134 dm2 (1472 sq. in.)|
g/dm2 (21 oz/sq. ft.)|
kg (19 lbs)|
The Schleicher Ka 6 is a single-seat glider designed by Rudolf Kaiser,
built by Alexander Schleicher GmbH & Co in Germany and is made of
Spruce and plywood and covered with tissue. The prototype took the air for
the first time on October 30, 1956 . After several versions (B , B- Pe ,
BR, CR , CR- Pe) declined in nearly a decade, the last ultimate variant
is the Ka 6E and flew for the first time July 29, 1965. Strong key features of our Ka 6E
improvements included an all-moving tailplane, a wheel as the main
undercarriage with no nose skid, a more aerodynamic fuselage with
glassfiber nose and wingroot fairings, longer canopy, and modified
We have chosen to reproduce the most efficient version at
third scale, 5-meter wingspan. The Ka 6E is a true legend and
aero-modeler are familiar with her. The flying qualities are fantastic,
magical, and its silhouette in flight is recognizable among all. And
what a treat, when evening comes at the slope, in a quiet favorable air ,
to perform touch and goes, rolling fifty meters on the rounded top ! For
sure, these moments of happiness will remain etched forever in your
- The elegant all open structure built wing covered with Oracover ® is
perfectly faithfull to original and requires the electric speedbrakes to be installed
installed. The fuselage made of fiberglass reproduces the real as
accurately as possible, while being particularly robust.
- The model is expected to be equipped with an electric motor that
allows it to be completely independent at the airfield (FES). Of
course, it is also possible to use it as a pure glider. Simply
by removing the propeller.
- The smooth style of flight of the original Ka 6E is obviously respected.
- The thermal performance are breathtaking and circlings are an amazing realism.
- The Ka 6E is particularly easy to land. With its high wing and chubby
fuselage, it is very stable on finals. Airbrakes cause no
parasite pitch coupling.
- 6S 5000 mAh battery pack provides almost 5 minutes of motor run
allowing long flight duration even without any thermals and , in total
autonomy - no need to wait for the tow plane at your airfield or for
wind at the slope !
- At the slope, the motor is powerful enough to climb back from deep down without concern.
- The buoyant asymmetrical airfoil, associated with a moderate wing
loading and effective airbrakes, provides landings at reduced speed.
Quick Build Kit
- Fiberglass fuselage, painted, reinforced with carbon tapes
- Ready canopy installed on its frame with integrated magnets
- Open structure balsa and plywood built-up wings, covered with Oracover®. Ready with electric speedbrakes installed
- 1" carbon wing joiner
- Floating stab and rudder built-up in balsa and covered with Oracover®, ready
- Premium quality hardware: 3.50" wheel, fiberglass control horns,
various plywood parts, linkages, metal and ball clevises, pull-pull
rudder cable, screws, etc.
- Illustrated step by step construction manual.
Radio requirements are five std servos for the ailerons, rudder, elevator, tow release, and two additional mini servos for the airbrakes. Complete combo packages available upon request.